APPLICATIONS ARE INVITED ONLY THROUGH ONLINE MODE UPTO 26.03.2020 FOR DIRECT RECRUITMENT TO THE FOLLOWING POSTS.
|Sr. No||Name of the Post||Name of the Service||No of Vacancies||Revised Level of Pay Rs.|
|1.||Assistant Engineer||Engineering Service||78||37,700 – 1,19,500/- (Level 20)|
|2.||Environmental Scientist||Scientific Service||70||37,700 – 1,19,500/- (Level 20)|
|3.||Assistant (Junior Assistant)||General Sub-ordinate Service||38||19,500 – 62,000/- (Level 8)|
|4.||Typist||General Sub-ordinate Service||56||19,500 – 62,000/- (Level 8)|
COMMUNITY WISE DISTRIBUTION OF VACANCIES:
|Name of the post||Total Vacancy||SC||SC(A)||ST||MBC||BC||BCM||GT|
|Assistant (Junior Assistant)||38||7||1||–||8||9||2||11|
|Date of Notification||05.03.2020|
|Last date for submission of application and for uploading the documents||26.03.2020|
|Last date of payment of Fee||26.03.2020|
|Date and Time of Online Examination||will be notified shortly in the website www.tnpcb.gov.in|
The Online Examination will be conducted as per “TNPCB” norms by TN e governance. The TNPCB reserves the right to modify the date and time of the examination and the same will be notified in the website www.tnpcb.gov.in
A. AGE (as on 12.02.2020):
|SL. NO||CATEGORY OF CANDIDATES||MINIMUM AGE (SHOULD HAVE COMPLETED)||MAXIMUM AGE (SHOULD NOT HAVE COMPLETED)|
|1||SC, SC (A), ST, MBC/DNC, BC, BCM||18 years||35 Years|
|2||Others [i.e candidates not belonging to SC, SC(A), ST, MBC/DNC, BC and BCM]||18 years||30 years|
- For Destitute Widows:
Destitute Widows are eligible for age concession of 2 years over and above the maximum age limit prescribed above.
- For Differently Abled Persons:
Differently Abled Persons are eligible for age concession upto 10 years over and above the maximum age limit prescribed above.
- For ex-servicemen:
- The maximum age limit is 53 Years for the Applicants who belong to SC, SC(A), ST,MBC/DNC,BC, BCM.
- The maximum age limit is 48 years for “others” (i.e.) Applicants not belonging to any of the above said categories.
- The above concession will not apply to the Applicants those who have already been recruited to any class or service or category.
B. EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION
Candidates should possess the following qualification
|Sl.No||Name of the Post||Qualification|
|1||Assistant Engineer||Basic qualification should be a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or Chemical Engineering or Environmental Engineering|
andMaster’s Degree in Environmental Engineering/ Chemical Engineering/ M.Tech. Environmental Science and Technology awarded by Anna University / M.Tech. Petroleum Refining and Petrochemicals awarded by Anna University / M.E. Environmental Management awarded by Anna University.
|2||Environmental Scientist||Master’s Degree in Science in any one of the following disciplineChemistryBiologyZoologyEnvironmental ChemistryEnvironmental ScienceEnvironmental ToxicologyMicrobiologyMarine BiologyBio-ChemistryAnalytical ChemistryApplied ChemistryBotany|
|3.||Assistant (Junior Assistant)||A pass in Bachelor’s Degree andDiploma / Certificate in Computer Course for a period of minimum six months.|
|4.||Typist||A pass in Bachelor’s DegreeA pass in the Government Technical Examination in Typewriting Higher Grade in English and Tamil andDiploma / Certificate in Computer Course for a period of minimum six months.|
- The qualification prescribed should have been obtained by passing the required qualification in the order of studies i.e. 10th + HSC / Diploma + U.G. Degree and P.G. Degree as the case may be from any university or Institution, recognized by the University Grants Commission or any of the Universities recognized by the Government of Tamil Nadu.
- KNOWLEDGE OF TAMIL:-
Candidates should possess adequate knowledge of Tamil on the date of this Notification.
- For this purpose, a person shall be deemed to possess an adequate knowledge of Tamil in the case of a post for which Educational Qualification prescribed is the minimum general educational Qualification and above he/she must have passed the Secondary School Leaving Certificate /Higher Secondary School Certificate / Degree etc., with Tamil as one of the languages or studied the High school course in Tamil medium and passed the SSLC Public examination in Tamil medium.
- Every person appointed to the post whose first language is other than Tamil should pass the Tamil language EXAMINATION conducted by the TNPSC within the period of probation otherwise action as deemed fit will be taken as per Service Regulation amended from time to time.
- The Rule of reservation of appointments is applicable to the post and the distribution of vacancies will be in accordance with law.
- In G.O. (Ms.) No.145, Personnel and Administrative Reforms (S) Department, dated 30.09.2010, and G.O.(Ms.) No.40, Personnel and Administrative Reforms (S) Department, dated 30.04.2014 the Government have issued orders to fill up 20% of all vacancies in Direct Recruitment on preferential basis to persons who studied the prescribed qualification in Tamil Medium. The 20% reservation of vacancies on preferential allotment to Persons studied in Tamil Medium (PSTM) will apply for this recruitment. (Candidates claiming this reservation should have studied the prescribed qualification for the post in Tamil Medium and should have the certificate for the same. Having written the examinations in Tamil language alone will not qualify for claiming this reservation). If the candidates with PSTM are not available for selection for appointment against reserved turn such turn shall be filled up by Non-PSTM candidates but belonging to the respective communal category. The PSTM reservation certificate, shall be produced by the candidate as it has been in prescribed format / proforma (Annexure-I) shall be obtained from the Head of the Institution.
- Persons who belong to the State of Tamil Nadu alone, who belong to one of the Communities specified in Annexure-II shall be treated as persons who belong to one such communities.
- A minimum of thirty percent of all vacancies which are to be filled through direct recruitment shall be set apart for woman candidates. If no qualified and suitable woman candidates are available for selection against the vacancies reserved for them, those vacancies will be filled by male candidates belonging to the respective communal categories.
- All eligible candidates including the candidates sponsored by the Employment Exchange, those who have registered in Employment Exchange & Open Market candidates shall apply through online to appear in the competitive online examination. The selection for all the above posts will be strictly based on the competitive online examination marks, interview and rule of reservation only (as per communal roster).
- CERTIFICATE OF PHYSICAL FITNESS:-
Candidates selected for appointment to the post will be required to produce a certificate of physical fitness from the Medical Officer of rank as stipulated by TNPCB.
- The Differently Abled persons should produce a copy of certificate of physical fitness specifying the nature of physical disability and the degree of disability based on the norms laid down, from the Medical Board to the effect that his/her disability will not render him/her incapable of efficiently discharging the duties attached to the post to which he/she has been selected before appointment when called for by Tamil Nadu Pollution Control Board. The Differently Abled persons will be eligible for age concession upto ten years over and above the age limit prescribed for this post.
- Reservation of appointment to “Destitute Widows” and “Ex-servicemen” shall not apply to this recruitment for the post of Assistant Engineer and Environmental Scientist. Provided that in all cases, an Ex-Serviceman once recruited to a post in any service or class or category, cannot claim the concession of being called an Ex-Serviceman for his further recruitment.
- Even after filling up of the posts reserved for SC Arunthathiyars on preferential basis, if more number of qualified Arunthathiyars are available, they shall be entitled to compete with the Scheduled Castes other than Arunthathiyars in the inter-se merit among them and if any posts reserved for Arunthathiyars remain unfilled for want of adequate number of qualified candidates, it shall be filled up by Scheduled Castes other than Arunthathiyars.
- The selection for appointment to the above said posts is purely provisional subject to final orders on pending Writ Petitions or Writ Appeals, if any, filed before the Hon’ble Madras High Court and Madurai Bench of Madras High Court.
- Correct and true information regarding arrest, convictions / debarment / disqualification by any recruiting agency, criminal or any disciplinary proceedings initiated or finalised, participation in agitation or any Political Organisation, candidature in election for Parliament / State Legislature / Local Bodies etc, if any, should also be furnished to the TNPCB at the time of application i.e. the details thereof, originals of the judgment of Acquittals, order/ or G.O. Dropping further action in Departmental proceedings or any document that may prove the suitability of such candidates for a Government appointment in such cases must be produced at the stage / time of certificate verification/ interview. Any of the above said events that occur after submission of application and before actual appointment shall also be informed to the TNPCB. Failure to inform will entail suitable penal action as decided by the TNPCB.
- The original certificate for any claim relating to the selection should be produced when called for. Any claim received thereafter will receive no attention.
- Evidence for claims made in the online application should be uploaded / submitted in time when called for the documents. Any subsequent claim made thereafter on submission of online application will not be entertained. Failure to submit the documents within the stipulated time limit will entail rejection of the Application.
- Applications containing wrong claims relating to other basic qualifications / eligibility age/ category of reservation / educational qualification will be liable for rejection, at any stage of the selection process and necessary action will be taken as decided by TNPCB.
- The Details submitted by the candidates in the Application form is final and corrections thereafter at any stage will not be entertained.
- Regarding Determination of the community and Reservation in Employment for Third Gender as per G.O. (Ms) No.90 Social Welfare and Nutrious Meal Programme [SW8 (2)] Department dated 22.12.2017.
PROCEDURE OF SELECTION
I) SELECTION WILL BE MADE IN TWO SUCCESSIVE STAGES (i.e,)
1. Online Exam – 3 Hours/2 Hours – Max. Marks – 87.8 %(Marks obtained in the exam to be worked out for 87.8 %)
2. Interview for the post of Assistant Engineers, Environmental Scientists, Assistants (Junior Assistants) / Interview and Skill Test on Typing for the post of Typists. – 12.2 %
Total = 87.8+12.2 = 100 %
CENTRES FOR EXAMINATION
Examination Fees [OC, BC, BCM, MBC/DNC] Candidates – Rs. 500/-
Examination Fees [OC, BC, BCM, MBC/DNC] Candidates – Rs. 500/-
i) Candidates have also to pay the service charges as applicable to the bank. ii) The Examination Fees will not be reimbursed to the Applicant on account of any reason. iii)The TNPCB will not be liable for any failure in transaction at the time of payment of fees.
Persons claiming concessions in the matter of age, and/or fee allowed referred to above has to produce evidence for such claim when called for, otherwise his / her application will be liable for rejection.
HOW TO APPLY:
1. Candidate should apply only through Online in the TNPCB’s Website www.tnpcb.gov.in . In the website the candidate can go to the online application portal by clicking the link.
2. The candidate should use a valid e-mail id and a valid mobile number for registration in online application. This email id and mobile number must be maintained active, as all the communications to the candidates from TNPCB will be sent only to the registered email id and mobile number.
3. The candidate must keep ready the details of Marks, Percentage/CGPA of Marks, Certificate Numbers, Year of Passing, Board/University details etc., in their hands before applying through online.
4. Before applying, the candidates should have the following items to be ready in CD or DVD or Pen drive as per the convenience of the candidates.
I. Scanned image of their photograph and signature in jpeg format only with prescribed file size, resolution etc.
II. Scanned copy of Community Certificate of the candidates belonging to BC, BCM, MBC/DNC, SC, SC(A), ST. (Not applicable to OC candidates) in PDF format only.
III. Scanned copy of SSLC/ HSC, Degree Certificate/ P.G Degree certificate, Priority certificate, PSTM, Destitute widow Certificates etc., of the candidates (whichever is applicable) in PDF format only.
IV. Scanned copy of the certificate for Differently abled (if applicable) in PDF format only.
Candidates are first required to log on to the TNPCB Website www.tnpcb.gov.in. In the website the candidate can go to the Online application portal by clicking the link.
1. Applying through online.
a. Basic Registration.
b. Candidate Profile updation which includes various sections like Personal Information, Educational Qualifications and Declaration section along with necessary relevant upload of scanned copy of documents.
c. Online payment of Application fee.
d. Download of Application form.
1. The candidates must keep a copy of the application uploaded by them.
2. After the candidate completes the One Time Registration, an USER ID with Password will be generated. The User ID & Password has to be kept confidential and should not be disclosed to anyone.
3. This USER ID needs to be used for log on into the application portal for completing the registration process and paying the application fees.
4. Candidates are required to upload their photograph and signature as per the specifications. An online application uploaded without photograph and signature will be rejected.
The Online Application can be filled upto 26.03.2020 till 11:59 Hrs.
after which the link will be disabled